It’s nice to own car. But it can be quite expensive. From gas, maintenance, to insurance, the costs can add up quickly. So if you’re looking for a way to make car ownership go easier on your wallet, here’s one. Say hello to Wrapify – it’s an app that pays you to get your car covered, or ‘wrapped’ in colorful, eye-catching ads and drive it around as you normally would. Interested? Then read on to find more about Wrapify and how it can make driving your car around pay for itself.
What is Wrapify?
Wrapify is a vehicle advertising company that pays you to ‘wrap’ your car with ads from client brands and agencies. For commuters and other drivers, it’s an excellent opportunity to earn some extra cash to help pay for fuel, maintenance, insurance, and other car-related costs, just by driving as you normally would. For the participating businesses, it’s a great way to bring their name out there, increase exposure and engagement, and ultimately bring in customers and sales.
Is Wrapify legit?
Yes, Wrapify is a legitimate company. It was founded in 2015 and has since then worked with huge global names such as Google, Microsoft, eBay, LinkedIn, Zoom, Spotify, Uber, Lyft, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and more. It has been ranked as one of America’s fastest growing private companies, and has been named to Inc. 5000 list two years in row.
And yes, Wrapify is a legitimate way to earn passive income simply by driving your car around as you usually do. It currently boasts a base of over 450,000 drivers across the United States, ranging from rideshare drivers on platforms like Uber and Lyft; app-enabled delivery drivers for platforms like Doordash, Grubhub, Uber Eats, and Instacart; as well as everyday commuters who simply want to earn money for the miles they drive.
Who is eligible for Wrapify?
For now, Wrapify only operates in the United States and in a number of big cities like Atlanta, Dallas, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Orlando, San Diego, San Francisco, and more. So if you’re from outside the US, then tough luck, Wrapify isn’t for you – well, for now, at least.
But if you do live in the US, and you happen to be in or near most major metropolitan areas, then you have an exciting opportunity to earn some extra money simply by driving your car around with Wrapify. But first, you need to meet Wrapify’s requirements. To be a Wrapify driver, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Own or currently lease a 2010 or newer vehicle (coupe, sedan, SUV, pickup truck, or minivan) without significant body or paint damage
- Own an Android or iOS smartphone
- Have a bank account
You will also need to pass a basic background check, which requires that you must have:
- No more than 2 accidents in the past 3 years
- No more than 1 moving violation and 1 accident in the past 3 years
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- No cell phone or distracted driving violations in the past 3 years
- No major violations in the past 5 years
If you meet all of the abovementioned criteria, then good news, you’re on your way to joining Wrapify and making extra money just by driving your car around.
How does Wrapify work?
How Wrapify works, from joining to earning, is simple and straightforward. The process basically goes like this:
- Download the Wrapify app. The app is used to track when and where you drive, and how long you spend driving, all of which partly determines your income. The Wrapify app is available for download on the App Store (for iOS users) or on Google Play (for Android users). You can also get the app download link via a text.
- Sign up. Complete your profile on the Wrapify app. You’ll need to input some crucial info about yourself. You’ll also need to agree to the Wrapify Terms of Service and indicate if you’re a rideshare driver.
- Drive 50 qualifying miles. You need to drive 50 miles of your normal, everyday commute before Wrapify allows you to participate in any paying campaigns.
- Review campaign offers. You’ll receive notifications when a new campaign becomes available in your area. Offers depend on brands and advertisers and their marketing strategies. Some cities and regions are much busier than others. In general, larger cities and towns have higher odds of getting campaigns compared to smaller cities and less crowded towns. Also, some cities have multiple campaigns to choose from, while others are limited to just one campaign. Regardless of how many options there are, you can only participate in one advertisement at a time.
- Join a campaign. Select the campaign you like, review the requirements, and if you find everything acceptable, agree to the Driver Terms and Conditions and submit a basic background check. You also need to take and submit 4 pictures of your car from the app (front, back, and each side) to provide accurate measurements and to make sure that there aren’t any visible issues that could interfere with wrap installation. Remember, all campaign seats are first come, first serve. So upon receiving a campaign offer, act fast!
- Get your car wrapped. After joining a campaign, you will need to select an install shop location, date, and time, and drop your car off at the appointed time and place. There are no costs for getting your car wrapped (or unwrapped, for that matter). Upon vehicle drop off, the installer will need 10 minutes of your time to review paperwork and perform a vehicle inspection. This process is similar to when renting a car. You and the installer will visually inspect the vehicle and confirm vehicle condition before the wrap is applied. Wrapify and its Certified Network of Installers use only the finest 3M and Avery Dennison vinyl films. These films are designed to be installed and removed cleanly without damage when applied to sound, OEM painted surfaces. Installing the vehicle wraps and graphics take anywhere from 1-4 days to complete. Note that while you have your car at the shop, Wrapify will offer you a $25-rideshare reimbursement for the day (or rental car, public transportation – whatever helps you get around best).
- Start driving and start earning. Once you have your car decked out in eye-catching commercial artwork, aka ads, you can start driving through your normal everyday routes. Remember, just wrapping your car won’t earn you money. You’ll be earning for miles driven per day inside the qualifying areas. After you reach the daily mileage cap, your earnings will stop for that day. Your Wrapify app will be tracking your mileage, which determines your earnings, so don’t forget your phone! Once your chosen campaign is over, you can have the wrap taken off and get started with another campaign right away.
How much can I earn with Wrapify?
Your earnings will depend on a number of factors such as wrap coverage level, campaign frequency and duration, how many miles you drive, and when and where you drive.
First off, the wrap coverage level, which refers to how much of your car you want to get wrapped with ads. You have three options:
- Lite. Ads are applied just on the doors and rear window of your car. You’ll be eligible for the lowest tier of earnings, but the upside is that the ads won’t be as intrusive. Average estimated earnings for this level are $181 to $280 per month.
- Partial. Ads are applied on the sides and back of your car. There’s really not a lot of difference between this one and the ‘Lite’ option to be honest. Average estimated earnings for this level are $196 to $280 per month.
- Full. A full wrap is exactly what it sounds like: ads are applied over the entire painted surface of your car. It’s like turning your car into a moving billboard. This is what you want if you want to go all-in with your car advertising and maximize your earnings. Average estimated earnings for this level are $264 to $452 per month.
Then there’s the campaign frequency and duration. Sometimes you’ll get multiple campaigns within a month. Sometimes you’ll only get one or two. And campaigns differ in duration. Campaign lengths are set by the advertisers, and range anywhere from one to 12 months. On average, however, most campaigns last between 1-3 months long. The campaign durations are indicated within each offer.
You also have to consider your miles driven, and when and where you drive. Basically, the more miles you drive within your campaign zone, the more you earn. A campaign zone is usually around 50 miles from the advertiser’s target city. However, there is a cap: you can only drive a set number of miles within a day; you won’t be getting paid for the extra miles you drive after you reach the limit.
Location and time, too, affect your potential income. Depending on where you are, you might see a ton of campaign offers in your area. Or you might see just one. You’ll also get paid more if you drive through highly-populated locales, drive during rush or peak hours (as opposed to driving at midnight), or if you get stuck in traffic (it’s a good thing, because you’ll be getting plenty of eyeballs).
So yeah, how much you make with Wrapify depends on a number of factors. But all things considered, you can earn up to $500 a month in passive income. Considering it’s money you earn doing something you normally do anyway, then it’s nothing to scoff at.
Your earnings are processed every other Friday. Payments usually make it to your bank via automatic deposit on the following Tuesday or Wednesday.
Is Wrapify worth it?
Of course. Ask yourself this: how much money do you get paid to drive your car to work, or to school, or to your errands? Zero, right? In fact, if anything, it only costs you money. So why not make driving your car pay for itself? With all the extra money you’ll be earning, you can pay for gas, maintenance, insurance, and other car-related costs, and make car ownership easier on your budget.
So why not give Wrapify a try?
Looking for a reliable way to make money online? Start a blog and earn a fulltime income
If you’re looking for a reliable way to make money online, starting a blog could be just what you need. With a blog, you can share your knowledge and expertise with the world, build a following, and earn money through various monetization strategies.
If you’re new to blogging, don’t worry – it’s easier than you might think. Check out my tutorial and guide on how to start a blog for beginners and earn a fulltime income. It’s packed with tips, tools, and resources to help you get started on the right foot.
Whether you’re interested in blogging about travel, fashion, food, or any other topic, there’s an audience out there waiting to hear from you. So why not give it a try? With a bit of effort and dedication, you could be well on your way to making money online and living life on your own terms.
Check out my guide to learn more about how to start a successful blog and turn your passion into a profitable online business. Click the button below to proceed.