Wondering what to do with all the clothes you don’t use anymore? Maybe because they’re sooo last season or whatever? You know, the ones just lying around, cramming up your wardrobe?
Well, don’t throw them away! Sell them instead. There’s a bunch of online sites where you can turn your preloved clothes into cash. Not only do you get to clean out your closet, you also get back some of the money you used on buying those clothes in the first place.
Is this something that appeals to you? Then check out some of these online places where you can convert your clothes into cash:
- thredUP – The world’s largest online thrift store takes care of everything for you: just fill up one of their Clean Out kits with used but quality pieces, and they’ll do the rest while you wait for your money.
- Poshmark – Snap a photo of the item you want to sell, fill in a description, set the price, and start selling to over 80 million community members – all in less than 60 seconds!
- Tradesy – Created by women for women, this site takes the hassle out of your hustle with a sleek app, a free full shipping kit, an awesome return policy, and more.
- Depop – This resale slash social media platform is the best place to tap into the Gen-Z market with vintage wear and other unique items.
- Vinted – Give your pre-owned clothes a new home in this secondhand fashion community of more than 45 million members from multiple countries.
- The RealReal – If you’ve got some luxury items to sell – Prada, Chanel, Fendi, Cartier, whatever – this online consignment shop should be your go-to place.
- eBay – An oldie but a goldie, eBay still remains one of the most popular and profitable sites to sell anything and everything – including secondhand clothing.
- Facebook Marketplace – You do all the listing, promoting, selling, and shipping, but the upside – no seller fees or taxes!
If you’re wondering how much money you can make when you sell used clothes, well it all depends on what you’re offering and where you’re offering. But as is always the case, if you sell the right stuff on the right platform, you can earn a lot of money.
Now if you’re also wondering whether you can sell your secondhand clothes yourself without having to join an online resale platform, you can start your own ecommerce website instead and sell your items from there. Creating and keeping your own website is actually very cheap – several dollars a month should be enough to get you started. Again, if you’re successful not just in getting people to your site, but getting them to buy whatever you’re selling, then theoretically you could earn more than if you join a resale platform or online marketplace.
Looking for a reliable way to make money online? Start a blog and earn a fulltime income
If you’re looking for a reliable way to make money online, starting a blog could be just what you need. With a blog, you can share your knowledge and expertise with the world, build a following, and earn money through various monetization strategies.
If you’re new to blogging, don’t worry – it’s easier than you might think. Check out my tutorial and guide on how to start a blog for beginners and earn a fulltime income. It’s packed with tips, tools, and resources to help you get started on the right foot.
Whether you’re interested in blogging about travel, fashion, food, or any other topic, there’s an audience out there waiting to hear from you. So why not give it a try? With a bit of effort and dedication, you could be well on your way to making money online and living life on your own terms.
Check out my guide to learn more about how to start a successful blog and turn your passion into a profitable online business. Click the button below to proceed.