Hey there, fellow storytellers and nostalgia enthusiasts! Do you often find yourself reminiscing about the past, yearning for the charm of yesteryears? Well, what if we told you that you can not only relive those “Good Old Days” but also get paid for it? 📰💰
In this blog post, we’ll dive into the wonderful world of Good Old Days Magazine, where cherished memories from 1935 to 1970 come alive on the pages, and how you can become a part of this heartwarming journey. Wondering if it’s legit or how much you can earn? I’ve got you covered. So, grab a cup of tea, settle in, and let’s explore the magic of reliving the past through the power of storytelling.
What Is Good Old Days Magazine?
Good Old Days Magazine is a cherished publication that beautifully captures the essence of times gone by, specifically from the years 1935 to 1970. It’s like stepping into a time machine, where every issue is a delightful journey back in time, brimming with heartwarming stories, vintage photos, and nostalgic recollections.
This wonderful magazine is brought to life by Annie’s Publishing, a trusted name in the world of crafting and nostalgia. Good Old Days Magazine is part of Annie’s family of publications, and their commitment to preserving the past is evident in every page.
📖 What’s Inside Good Old Days Magazine? Inside the pages of this magazine, you’ll find an array of captivating content, including:
- True Stories: Personal anecdotes and memories shared by people who lived through the Good Old Days.
- Vintage Photos: A treasure trove of pictures that will transport you back in time.
- Recipes: Tried and true recipes from the past that will delight your taste buds.
- Crafts and DIY: Fun and nostalgic craft projects that you can recreate today.
- Trivia and Quizzes: Test your knowledge of the past with trivia and quizzes that are both entertaining and informative.
It’s not just a magazine; it’s a journey back in time that lets you relive the moments that shaped generations.
Is Good Old Days Magazine Legit?
You might be wondering if Good Old Days Magazine is the real deal. Well, rest assured, it’s as legitimate as it gets!
Good Old Days Magazine isn’t a newcomer to the nostalgia scene. Launched in 1964, it proudly holds the title of being the original nostalgia magazine. It has been featuring reader-provided stories and recollections from days gone by for nearly six decades. That’s a legacy you can trust! 🕰️✨
This magazine is more than just pages and ink; it’s part of Annie’s Publishing, a well-established company known for its dedication to home and family interests, including crafts, nostalgia, and home decor. Annie’s products encompass magazines, books, kits, supplies, online classes, and TV programming.
The history of Annie’s Publishing traces back to the third-generation Muselman family business, headquartered in Berne, Indiana, near Fort Wayne. This family business has deep roots dating all the way back to 1925 when it was founded as Economy Printing Concern. Today, known as EP Graphics, it’s still proudly owned by the Muselman family.
In a world where authenticity matters, Good Old Days Magazine stands tall as a genuine, heartfelt publication that celebrates the beauty of days gone by. 🌟
What Exactly Is Good Old Days Magazine Looking For?
If you’re considering becoming a part of the Good Old Days family, it’s essential to understand what they’re looking for in the content they publish. The guidelines for contributors are as follows:
Good Old Days Magazine tells the real stories of people who lived and grew up in “the Good Old Days” (about 1935–1970). They prefer stories that sound informal and conversational, as if you’re reminiscing with friends and family around the kitchen table. While they value authenticity and a personal touch, they are open to various writing styles, as long as the story is true and falls within their targeted time frame.
Here are some key points about what Good Old Days is looking for:
- Informal and Conversational: Write your story in an informal and conversational style that feels like you’re chatting with loved ones. 🗣️
- Stay Within the Timeframe: Make sure your story falls within the years 1935 to 1970. ⏳
- One Subject or Plot: Successful stories tend to stick with one subject or plot, such as personal experiences, cherished memories, or specific events. 📚
- Not Simply Descriptions: Avoid simply describing a time or place; focus on engaging storytelling. 📝
- No Fiction: Good Old Days Magazine does not accept fictional manuscripts. ❌
They have several regular departments open to outside submissions:
- Good Old Days on Wheels: Share funny stories of learning to drive, your first car, trips by train, a coveted bicycle, city trolley rides, and more. Photos are required for this feature! 🚗
- Rewind: This two-page spread offers a visual collage of photos, stories, old advertisements, quotes (ex. Things My Parents Used to Say), and other reader-submitted gems. 🕰️
- Bits & Pieces: Brief (100–300-word) memories are presented on this two-page spread. Any nostalgic story topic will be considered; photos are appreciated and encouraged. ✨
- Picture This: Readers may submit a single nostalgic photograph with a short, descriptive caption. 📷
- Special Features: They also publish occasional biographies, as well as historical stories on memorable events, fads, antiques, fashion, sports, music, literature, entertainment, etc. 📚
- Manuscripts should be typed (preferably double-spaced) and include your name, address, phone number, email address, and word count in the upper left-hand corner.
- The preferred word length is 500–1,000 words.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished, and they do not accept simultaneous submissions.
- Include where the story took place (city, town, village, or region and state) and the year the story took place. 📝
- Good, clear, interesting photos are an advantage when submitting a story.
- Indicate whether or not photos are available with your submission, and include photocopies or duplicates (not originals) of your photos.
- Manuscripts should include captions for your photos. 📸
Good Old Days Magazine values authentic and heartfelt contributions that resonate with their readers. So, if you have a story, a memory, or cherished photos that bring the past to life, they’re eager to hear from you!
Who Can Write For Good Old Days?
Good Old Days Magazine warmly welcomes contributions from a wide range of individuals who have a passion for sharing their memories and stories of “the Good Old Days” (approximately 1935–1970).
Here’s a closer look at who can write for Good Old Days:
- Everyone is Welcome: Good Old Days Magazine encourages individuals from all walks of life to contribute. Most of their writers are not professional authors, which means that whether you’re a seasoned writer or a novice, your stories are valued. 📖
- Your Unique Voice Matters: What Good Old Days values most is your individual voice. They appreciate stories that sound informal and conversational, like you’re reminiscing with friends and family around the kitchen table. Your warmth, humor, and honesty shine through in your storytelling. 🗣️
- Stories Within the Targeted Period: To be accepted, your story should fall within the specified timeframe of “the Good Old Days” (about 1935–1970). This ensures that the content aligns with the magazine’s nostalgic theme. 📅
- Focus on Specific Stories: Successful stories tend to center around one subject or plot. These can be personal anecdotes like “how my brother and I got caught skipping school one day and faced the consequences,” “my favorite Christmas gift,” or “my graduation dress.” Avoid simply describing a time or place; instead, engage readers with your narrative. 🌻
- No Fiction, Please: Good Old Days Magazine does not accept fictional manuscripts. They are dedicated to real stories and genuine experiences. ❌
Whether you’re a seasoned writer or simply someone who wants to share their heartfelt memories, Good Old Days Magazine provides a platform where your stories from the past can come to life and be enjoyed by a wide audience. 📝
How Much Can I Earn With Good Old Days?
Curious about the potential earnings when contributing to Good Old Days Magazine? Here’s what you need to know:
Contracts, Rights, and Payment:
- Payment Offer: If your article is accepted for publication, you will receive a contract agreement with a payment offer 💵 and information about which issue of the magazine your article is scheduled to appear.
- W9 Form: You’ll be required to fill out a W9 form to receive payment 📄.
- Rights Negotiation: Good Old Days Magazine prefers to buy all rights, but they are open to negotiation 🤝, particularly for first or one-time rights. You can specify the type of rights you are offering when submitting your manuscript.
The exact payment amount may vary depending on several factors, including the length and nature of your contribution, as well as the terms negotiated in your contract. By collaborating with Good Old Days Magazine, you not only get the opportunity to share your nostalgic stories but also to earn compensation for your valued contributions. 💫
Why Should I Write For Good Old Days?
You might be wondering why you should take the pen and share your treasured memories with Good Old Days Magazine. Here are some compelling reasons:
- Preserve Nostalgia: Good Old Days Magazine is a gateway to preserving the nostalgia of the past. By contributing, you become a part of this endeavor to keep the memories alive. 🕰️
- Connect with Readers: Your stories have the power to connect with readers on a deep and emotional level. They can relate to your experiences, and in doing so, you create a sense of community. 🤝
- Share the Magic: The era from 1935 to 1970 holds a unique magic that today’s generation may not fully comprehend. By sharing your stories, you transport readers back in time and let them experience that magic. ✨
- Celebrate Real Life: Good Old Days Magazine celebrates real-life stories and experiences. It’s a platform where your genuine narratives take center stage. 📖
- Contribute to History: Your contributions become a part of history. They enrich the collective memory of the past for generations to come. 📜
- Earn Compensation: Writing for Good Old Days Magazine not only lets you share your memories but also provides you with the opportunity to earn compensation for your work. 💰
- Creative Outlet: If you have a passion for storytelling, writing for Good Old Days allows you to express your creativity and craft narratives that resonate with a wide audience. 📝
- Connect with Like-Minded Writers: You’ll join a community of writers who share your love for nostalgia and storytelling. It’s a chance to connect with others who appreciate the art of reminiscing. 👥
- Contribute to a Legacy: Good Old Days Magazine has a rich history dating back to 1964. By writing for them, you become a part of this legacy and contribute to its ongoing success. 📚
- Make a Difference: Your stories have the power to make readers smile, laugh, cry, and reflect. You can make a positive difference in someone’s day with your words. 🌟
In summary, writing for Good Old Days Magazine allows you to celebrate the past, connect with readers, and share your unique perspective on the “Good Old Days.” It’s a chance to be part of something bigger, to make history, and to bring joy to those who cherish the memories of yesteryears.
Is Good Old Days Magazine Worth It?
Before you dive into writing for Good Old Days Magazine, you might be wondering if it’s truly worth your time and effort. Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons:
- Preservation of Memories: Good Old Days Magazine is dedicated to preserving the memories of days gone by. Your stories contribute to this meaningful mission.
- Connect with a Community: You’ll connect with readers who share a passion for nostalgia and the past. Your stories can create a sense of belonging.
- Creative Outlet: Writing for Good Old Days allows you to express your creativity and storytelling skills. It’s a chance to craft narratives that resonate with a wide audience.
- Compensation: You have the opportunity to earn compensation for your contributions. Your work is valued, and you can receive payment for it.
- Contribute to History: Your stories become a part of history. They enrich the collective memory of the past for future generations.
- Subject to Acceptance: Not all submissions are guaranteed to be accepted. Your story may or may not make it into the magazine.
- Niche Audience: Good Old Days Magazine caters to a specific niche audience interested in nostalgia. Your stories should align with this theme.
- Competition: You’ll be among other writers vying for publication. Competition can be tough. The magazine apparently receives more than 200 submissions a month.
Ultimately, the decision to write for Good Old Days Magazine comes down to your passion for storytelling and nostalgia. If you have cherished memories and experiences to share, the pros outweigh the cons.
Your stories have the potential to connect with readers, preserve the past, and make a positive impact. So, we encourage you to give it a try. Submit your heartfelt memories, and you might find that the experience of contributing to Good Old Days is not only worth it but also incredibly rewarding. 📝
Take a step back in time and share your unique perspective with others who appreciate the beauty of the “Good Old Days.”
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started with Good Old Days Magazine is a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you on your writing journey:
1. Prepare Your Manuscript:
- Type your manuscript, preferably double-spaced, ensuring that it’s easy to read.
- Include the following information in the upper left-hand corner:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Word count
- Aim for a word length between 500 and 1,000 words.
2. Ensure Uniqueness:
- Ensure that your submission is previously unpublished. Good Old Days Magazine does not accept simultaneous submissions, meaning you should only submit your story to them and not to other publishers at the same time.
3. Submit Your Manuscript:
- You can submit your manuscript via email, which is their preferred method. Send it to Editor@GoodOldDaysMagazine.com.
- Alternatively, you can submit your manuscript by postal mail to the following address: Good Old Days Submissions 306 E. Parr Rd. Berne, IN 46711
- Please submit only one manuscript at a time. Manuscripts should be copies, not originals.
4. Include Important Details:
- Always include information about where the story took place, including the city, town, village, or region, and state. Additionally, specify the year the story took place. This information is crucial for readers who want to connect with your narrative.
5. Consider Adding Photos:
- Good Old Days Magazine appreciates clear and interesting photos that enhance your submission. Indicate whether or not photos are available with your submission.
- You may include photocopies or duplicates of your photos with your manuscript. However, please do not include your original photos. If they require the originals or photographic copies, they will request them.
- If you have scanned photographs, ensure they are scanned at 300 dpi resolution. Include your name, address, and story title on the backs of all photos. Manuscripts should also include captions for your photos.
6. Await Response:
- After submitting your manuscript, await a response from the Good Old Days Magazine editorial team. They will contact you if they decide to accept your manuscript for publication.
7. Contracts and Rights:
- If your article is accepted for publication, you will receive a contract agreement with a payment offer and details about the issue in which your article will appear.
- You will also be required to fill out a W9 form to receive payment.
- Good Old Days Magazine prefers to buy all rights but is open to negotiating for first or one-time rights. You can specify the type of rights you are offering when submitting your manuscript.
8. Keep Trying:
- Good Old Days Magazine receives a significant number of submissions and can only offer contracts to a limited number of writers. If your story is not accepted, don’t be discouraged. The mark of a good freelance writer is persistence.
- Keep trying and continue to share your nostalgic stories with the world.
9. Sample Copy Request (Optional):
- If you’d like a sample copy of Good Old Days Magazine, you can request one by sending $2.00 and a self-addressed stamped manila envelope to: Good Old Days Sample Copy 306 E. Parr Rd. Berne, IN 46711
That’s it! You’re now ready to embark on your writing journey with Good Old Days Magazine. Remember, persistence pays off, so keep sharing your memories and stories from the past. 📝WRITE FOR GOOD OLD DAYS ➜
If you’ve ever yearned to share your cherished memories, to connect with a community that appreciates the beauty of the past, and to make a positive impact with your stories, then Good Old Days Magazine is calling your name.
Take a chance on your nostalgia-filled tales. Write from the heart, relive the magic of yesteryears, and contribute to the rich tapestry of memories that Good Old Days Magazine weaves.
Your stories matter. Your experiences are worth sharing. And as you craft your narratives, remember that you’re not just preserving the past, but you’re also creating a bridge to the hearts of readers who long to be transported to the “Good Old Days.”
So, go ahead, put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard), and let your stories flow. Join the community of storytellers who celebrate the past, one tale at a time.
Good Old Days Magazine awaits your memories, your laughter, your tears, and your heartfelt narratives. 📜✨
Are There Other Sites That Pay Me To Write?
Writing is not just a passion; it can also be a source of income. If you’re looking to explore more opportunities to get paid for your creative work, check out these exciting avenues:
🚀 Poets, Gather Round: If you can turn a phrase that makes our hearts flutter or our minds race, check out these spots that will pay for your poetry. Dive into the poetic universe and earn up to $700 here.
💌 Heartfelt Message Makers, Send Your Best: If you can craft a message that tugs at the heartstrings, your words can find a home (and some cash) in the world of greeting cards. Send your words and earn up to $700 here.
👨👩👧👦 Parenting Pros, Share Your Wisdom: If you’ve got parenting tales, tips, or advice, there are spots ready to pay for your parental ponderings. Share your parenting tales and earn up to $500 here.
🌱 Green Thumbs, Let’s Grow: If you can share the secrets of the soil and the tales of your tulips, there are platforms ready to pay for your gardening wisdom. Plant your words and earn up to $600 here.
🌍 Travel Writers, Pack Your Bags: If you’ve got tales of adventures, cultures, and breathtaking spots, your stories can land safely (and lucratively) in the realm of travel writing. Start your journey and earn up to $800 here.
👽 Sci-Fi Scribes, To Your Keyboards: If your mind is a playground of futuristic cities, alien interactions, and technology yet to be imagined, your stories could earn you some earthly dollars in the realm of science fiction writing. Beam up your sci-fi stories and earn up to $4,800 here.
These opportunities are not only a chance to share your unique voice and perspective but also a way to turn your passion for writing into a rewarding pursuit. So, don’t hesitate to explore these creative avenues and see where your words can take you!
Happy writing and earning! 💰📝
Looking for a reliable way to make money online? Start a blog and earn a fulltime income!
Now that we’ve explored the world of writing for Good Old Days Magazine, have you ever considered that blogging could be more than just a hobby? In fact, it could be a lucrative full-time gig that offers a steady income.
On average, bloggers pocket between $1,000 to $10,000 monthly. Did you know that food bloggers earn an impressive average income of $9,169 every single month? Personal finance bloggers cash in with about $9,100 monthly. And what about our lifestyle/mommy and travel bloggers? Well, they’re not far behind, either, earning a handsome $5,174 and $5,000 respectively each month. 💰✨
So, if you’re looking for a reliable way to make money online, starting a blog could be just what you need. With a blog, you can share your knowledge and expertise with the world, build a following, and earn money through various monetization strategies.
But if you’re new to blogging, don’t worry – it’s easier than you might think. I’ve got you covered with a tutorial and guide on how to start a blog for beginners and earn a full-time income. It’s packed with tips, tools, and resources to help you get started on the right foot. 📚💡
Whether you’re interested in blogging about travel, fashion, food, or any other topic, there’s an audience out there waiting to hear from you. So why not give it a try? With a bit of effort and dedication, you could be well on your way to making money online and living life on your own terms. 🌟🌐
Ready to explore the world of blogging and turn your passion into a profitable online business? Click the button below to proceed and learn more about how to start a successful blog. 🚀📝START A BLOG & EARN A FULLTIME INCOME ➜